Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Star

This sign for Star Sheet Metal has been on this building along Dundas St W for many years as you can tell. The building was sold several years ago and was gutted and totally modernized but they left the sign intact which is a great thing. Star Sheet Metal was run and owned by a wonderful man, Jack Sheiner, who was a holocaust survivor and a really nice guy. He did some crazy projects for me and never complained but would just shake his head and then get it done. I was so happy to see his sign still there!  
Taking part in Signs, Signs. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world.

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, that is nice that the sign was left! Sounds like Jack is a nice man and shop owner. Have a great day!

Christine said...

So great to hear of your personal connection with this sign and the former owner.

Tom said...

...nice to see that the sign was retained.

Sharon said...

How great that they left the sign there. He sounds like quite a guy!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think they made the right choice to keep the sign Pat, if it means so much to you it'll probably have good memories for many more.

Lois said...

I'm glad his sign is still there too! A wonderful tribute to your friend.

Photo Cache said...

I think that is really nice to leave the sign there.

My SIGNS, SIGNS

Marleen said...

It has a nice vintage look.

Taken For Granted said...

These old industrial signs are treasures, so I am happy to see this one preserved.

William Kendall said...

A good idea. I think I've passed by this place.

Catalyst said...

Curious. It apparently has nothing to do with the present occupant's business.

Bill said...

I love the vintage look and it's nice that you have a fond memory of the original owner. That's a great connection to have.

Revrunner said...

Reminds me of the old saying:

Something old,
something new,
something borrowed,
something blue,
and a silver sixpence in her shoe.

Lesley said...

That's nice to see a sign with a personal connection :-)

Jim said...

Great signs

Cloudia said...

I love toronto

21 Wits said...

Looks like a fun place now!